Tuesday, June 21, 2011

THE BARBER AND THE MEXICAN

Mario the barber hadn't been paying his parking fines.
As punishment, the judge decided he was to do community service for 4 weeks.
And the service he was to do, was to continue in his Barber shop as normal, but not receive payment for the work.
Mario figured this was not so bad. He had a lot of regular customers and this may work in his favour.
On the first day the Florist from the same shopping centre came by for his usual trim. After the cut, when he goes to pay, Mario says ."I'm sorry I cannot accept the money from you. I'm doing community service for 4 weeks."
The florist is happy and leaves the shop.
The next morning when Mario arrives to open up there is a thank you card and one dozen roses waiting at his door. His first customer for the day is a who cop comes in for a haircut. Same procedure.. "I'm sorry but I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service."
The cop leaves happy and the following morning Mario finds on the doorstep a thank you card and one dozen donuts. This is going well.
The days continue with happy customers and little gifts arriving. Steak from the butcher, Groceries, Bread etc.
Then, as his 4 weeks gets closer a Mexican cook comes in for a haircut. Again Mario explains the situation. "I'm sorry I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service."
The Mexican cook is happy and leaves. The next morning when the barber goes to open his shop, guess what he finds?...........

A dozen Mexicans waiting for a free haircut!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment