Thursday, April 21, 2011

Joanne and Jack

The Global Financial Crisis was biting hard at the business where Mr. Smith was the proud president. He was going to have to start laying off some of his staff. He called in the vice-president Dave, to his office to discuss where the cuts could be made. After a long discussion it was decided that they could manage a while longer if they lost just one of the staff. Either Jack or Joanne will have to go"
Dave frowned, " But Joanne is my best worker, and Jack has a wife and three kids.How can I choose which to fire." Dave decided that he would wait til the morning and decide then. Perhaps the decision would be easier then.
The next morning Dave waited for his employees to arrive.
Joanne was the first to clock on and Dave took her aside ,
"Joanne, I'm sorry, I've got a problem. You know we have been struggling with reduced sales recently, I've got to lay you or Jack off and I don't know what to do?"
Joanne replied, "You'd better jack off. I've got a headache."

No comments:

Post a Comment